- Talento + Empleo
- Carrera profesional + Empleo
- Casos de Estudio
- Liderazgo Intelectual
- Seminarios Web
- Centro de Medios
- Lo Más Valorado
- Desarrollo de Liderazgo
- Gestión de la Carrera Profesional
- Desarrollo Profesional
- Consejos para la búsqueda de Empleo
- Marca Personal
- Agilidad Empresarial
- Compromiso del Empleado
- Coaching Ejecutivo
- Comportamiento de las Ventas
- Gestión de Talento
- Evaluación del Talento
Forget the Gold Watch and Corner Office, Employees Want Career Conversations
With two thirds of individual performance drivers tied to career conversations, employers should focus on development opportunities to retain top talent
MILWAUKEE, July 22, 2015 – Rather than working their way up the corporate ladder, top talent is more often looking for jobs that enable them to develop their skills and increase their value in a future role, according to a new report released by Right Management, the global workforce consulting arm of ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN).
"Fulfilling Careers Instead of Filling Jobs,” argues that companies can significantly increase employee engagement and reduce turnover by focusing on management strategies that provide clear avenues for growth and prioritize employee development. Managers need to shift from the old corporate culture that emphasized seniority and time-served, to one that aligns better with employees’ near-term development goals. If not, organizations will find it difficult to attract and retain talent going forward.
“Unless your top talent is able to strengthen their skillsets and managers are regularly talking to them about opportunities ahead, pretty soon they’re going to ask: what am I doing here?,” noted Mara Swan, global leader of Right Management and Executive Vice President of ManpowerGroup. “People rightly see their skills, experience, social networks and ideas as assets—if companies aren't helping cultivate them further, employees will look elsewhere.”
Of the many factors that motivate individuals at work, two thirds are related to career conversations. Organizations benefit from the improved engagement and increased productivity that follows when employees are equipped to take on new challenges and opportunities. The number one thing employers can do to engage talent and improve performance is to take a bolder, more proactive approach to creating and facilitating career journeys.
The Report offers recommendations for employers (page 10, “What is talent hungry for?”) on how to create a culture of professional development, including:
- Create an Agile Talent Pipeline: Cross-train, re-skill, and upskill employees to develop a talent pipeline capable of meeting changing business needs
- Continuous Learning: Understand the career needs and aspirations of all segments of the workforce—from the best and brightest employees to those with high potential but low preparedness — and create developmental programs that encourage continuous learning and growth
- Provide Opportunities: Provide all employees with opportunities to acquire new skills and knowledge to increase their value and employability
- Develop Career Models: Develop functional and enterprise-wide career models, with career pathways
- Integrated Resources: Integrate a wide range of developmental resources, including both person-to-person collaboration and technology-enabled learning
Access the full report on Right Management’s website here.
For more information about Right Management, visit: www.right.com
For more information about ManpowerGroup, visit: www.manpowergroup.com
Gestiona tus suscripciones de Right Management
No sólo respetamos su privacidad, pero respetamos su bandeja de entrada también. No queremos que le envíe más mensajes de lo que quieres. Usted controla la cantidad y tipos de mensajes de correo electrónico que reciba de nosotros. Utilice esta página en cualquier momento para actualizar instantáneamente sus preferencias de marketing de correo electrónico en tiempo real.
Por favor, revisa nuestra política de privacidad
Por favor, verifica tu información personal y dinos cómo podemos comunicarnos contigo.
Revisa tu bandeja de entrada para conocer lo último en liderazgo intelectual de Right Management.